Tuesday, November 10, 2009

it's raining here

I love it. I love the rain. Literally if someone asked, "If you could only have one kind of weather the whole time you were alive, what would it be?" I would say rain.

When I was a teenager, I loved going out in the rain and playing basketball. Actually, my brothers and I all used to love going out in the rain to play basketball. We would all act super dramatic as we did lay ups and shot 3-pointers. I remember during my freshman year I loved doing laps around the Marriot Center when it was raining.

Then I went to England! That was maybe the only time I didn't like it when it rained... because being in a suit getting rained on, and then staying in that suit for 10 hours was not as fun. But still, the rows of brick laden attached housing to the backdrop of grey clouds... I wouldn't change it.

Rain makes everything better. Standing in the middle of the street. Sitting on a bench. Looking up at the sky... with your arms extended... and then yelling out "Noooooooo!"... and then slowly falling you your knees.

Plus it is also good backdrop for yelling "Wait, don't go!" and then to respond, "I have to..."

Ya, the rain is good for a lot of things.

Blitzen Trapper - Black River Killer.mp3
Sea Wolf - Wicked Blood.mp3
Sissy Wish - Float.mp3
Xylos - In the Bedroom.mp3

3 comments:

Carina said...

Rain is also good for:

1. Cleaning puke off of asphalt
2. Saying, "It was you, it was always you."
3. Washing away the chalk drawing you made of your Venetian lover.
4. Singing the Carpenters.

Stephen said...

Playing basketball in the rain was awesome. Playing sports in the rain makes it more intense. It also makes dancing look a lot cooler. If newsies was shot in the rain entirely, it would be cooler.

Jeff said...

And:
5. clearing Parisian monuments of rose and eiffel-tower-key-chain-toting Pakistanis.
6. inspiring renditions of "Eye of the Tiger" (i know, i know, it wasn't raining in that scene, but everytime it rains while i am wearing a sweatshirt, that's one of the first things i think of...)
7. whispering, "je t'aime."