Monday, June 22, 2009

Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Aack!

I'm on a diet.

Does that sound girly?

Well how about this, "Could I get a salad? But could I get the fat-free vinaigrette... and could I have that dressing on the side?"

Yes, I said those actual words on a date with Lisha.

So for the last 3 months, almost, I have been counting my calories with a food diary, on my iPhone, and this last week I have been on Phase One of the South Beach Diet.

Counting my calories was easy. I still ate all the things I loved, it was mainly portion size that was changing. But the South Beach diet (phase 1) means no carbs, no sugar, and very (very) little fat.

Really, it is not that bad. But man, sometimes you get that craving for REAL dessert and you can't satisfy it... cheesecake.

But wait, I'm getting off topic. The point is my life has turned into a Cathy cartoon.


But you know, I also want to share something else. It has been working (I beat Mike in a little weight loss competition... and I get a prize for it... yes).

Plus I feel way better about myself. The South Beach Diet totally works AND the gym of course helps a lot too.

So although I feel like I deserve to have lost 30 lbs, I am really happy that I have lost some weight.

Just trying to get ready for swimsuit season... like my hero... Cathy...


Ya, it is kind of sad sometimes.

2 comments:

tara said...

Because those swim trunks of yours definitely don't allow for much give.

Laquina said...

All I want is some frozen yogurt. Is that too much to ask in this God forsaken DESERT?