Wednesday, July 1, 2009

oh life...

Three parts.

Part one... Lisha and I have supposedly mastered Craigslist. We decided that most likely we wouldn't have a patio in Seattle so we sold our Ikea patio set for just a little less then we bought it. Then we sold our Ikea bed frame in lieu of whimsical dreams of constructing our own headboard... plus the bed sits a little too low for my liking.

A few other things are spinning around in our heads to unload on Craigslist.

I kind of like it. I love eliminating the unnecessary. I like a clean desk, clean counters. I remember when I lived with Stephen how he would have all his books and mission memorabilia thrown all around the room. Me on the other hand, I like putting that stuff in boxes and accessing it when I feel the urge.

For the most part, Lisha is very much the same. She is really organized.

Now I'm not saying I'm clean, I am just stating my ideal. I don't like it when little bits of peanuts, or other food stuff are in a big jar or bag and left in the cupboard or fridge. So I combine things that are similar. This was done to the disgust of Lisha when I combined the honey roasted peanuts with the salted peanuts.

I also like a really organized computer. I hate it when there are things on my desktop (plus I swear it makes your computer run faster). I also like organizing all my documents in folders rather than throwing everything in "My Documents". I uninstall every unnecessary program.

Now on to part two... Lisha is in Canada. I started missing her right when she left. But this will mark her first time to Canada. You know, a lot is riding on this. I would really like her to say, "Wow, Canada is spectacular!" I'm not saying "I hope she likes it so we move there." I just want her to appreciate Canada.

Part three... so I just finished studying the immunology of diabetes. Did you know that research has been done to show us that we are more likely to choose mates who will compliment our immune system make-up? Yes, it is true!

2 comments:

tara said...

Part One: You sold your patio furniture?! Tragic! I so loved the few evenings I spent sitting on your porch, consuming your food.

Part Two: I myself wish I were in Canada.

Part Three: Fascinating research, but not too surprising since I find myself eliminating mates who won't compliment other genetic make-up, such as great looks. That's kind of the same thing.

Marge Bjork said...

I have trouble dating people who prefer white bread over whole wheat. It's a big warning flag to me. Is that the same thing as genetics?