Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Song for March for the Waverley Saints

We all have a unique taste when it comes to music and that's why I think it is one of the best windows to a person's personality. For example, Lisha likes the Clash and Blur... but she also love Paris Hilton's album. This tells me that Lisha has an opinion on things and will argue her point of view... unless you buy her accessories and clothes, then she will believe whatever you say (El Generalissimo laugh: "Ah ah ah").

I joke. I could attempt to break it down more, possibly, but I don't have time. I am in medical school you know?

Anyways, here's an 8-track of some music that I have been listening to this March. I had a hard time choosing. I don't really know if the music I put in there represents my personality, but hopefully you find something you like. One track needs explaining: The Magnetic Fields - Washington D.C. . This is from their infamous "69 Love Songs". Lisha hates this album (or rather 3-disc album). The songs are simple, arguably poorly sung, and not that great.... however I see them another way: to me, they are pure. I remember writing songs, or rather attempting to write songs on my guitar but obviously they were simplistic both lyrically and musically. So Washington D.C. along with all the other tracks on the "69 Love Songs" bring me back to the days of trying to write emo music in Helaman Halls.

2 comments:

Carina said...

For what it's worth, one of the songs I sing the kids at night is Magnetic Fields' All My Little Words. Guille just calls it WORDS.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally digging this list. I love spoon. and most of these people i dont know so thanks for the new names! I like times like these.