Saturday, November 22, 2008

Photo journalism

I decided to bust out the iPhone camera. I do not take very many pictures. But I have always been meaning to take some pictures of my bicycle ride to school. First look at the fishes! Usually it is not that sunny when I ride my bicycle to and from school, but I was on my bicycle around noon today and made a startling discovery. The canals running through Mesa are loaded with fish. Well to be honest, not LOADED but still in some parts there were lots of fish. So this is dedicated to Lisha, who loves swimming with fish and feeling there scaly bodies against her legs and getting stuck in her one piece bathing suit.

Then once I got to school, I noticed that there was some kind of preparation for a conference of some sort. At one booth a local photographer was showing of his wares. This picture captivated me. To me it says, "Isn't nature wonderful. This is best being here with my family. And just so you know for sure that we are a family, we are all going to dress alike. And just to make sure you know we are stylish, we are all going to wear khakis and dark shirts." Lovely.

3 comments:

Laquina said...

What is that weird halo-glow in the background of the family photo? It looks like a mushroom cloud exploding from its desert testing ground. I wish I could have seen the next frame because I bet they would be charred.

And let's go canal spear fishing. It would be the perfect opportunity for you to finally prove your manhood.

Missy Johnson said...

Rich can I paint the second one from the bottom? It seriously fits exactly and perfectly into my final show which is going up in March. Let me know if I have your permission...thanks!

rich said...

You can totally paint it!