Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sun tanning:

There are many schools of thought when it comes to sun tanning. There are those who always use sun block and gradually build up their tan during the summer. Some go to the tanning salon before summer begins to lay down the base tan. Some never take their shirt off in the summer and get farmer tans. Others go out boating one day in the summer and neglect to where block and get a burn, which is perspicuously apparent when they come to church the next day, and lather the highest spf formula the rest of the summer. Then there are people like me...

I am a combination of these three schools of thought, however, instead of sun block I use deep tanning oil, instead of base tanning at a salon I use the sun in spring, and when I get burnt I use that as my base tan and go from there. Summer is not summer without one good burn. Also, while Lisha's family was mocking my burn one day, I learned something new. Moisturizer is bad to use on a burn because it allows the burn to sink in. I don't know if that's true, but I began to think: "Does moisturizer help my tan sink in?" So this summer I am doing some research on moisturization.

If anyone does not know, I believe it is safe to say that I have a unique family in that despite multiple bouts of skin cancer we still continue to soak up the sun's rays. My grandparents have a dark tan year round because they sit at the pool everyday during the summer, and vacation in tropical areas throughout the winter. Yes, they are my heroes.

4 comments:

tara said...

I'm with you. A little bit of burn kicks off the summer fun. I'm all about low SPF's (except on the face) and beleive you me, when the summer winds down I can be one bronze baby.

Here's to skin cancer. As if all of us aren't going to die of some form of cancer anyway. Might as well go out looking hot and brown.

Carina said...

Sorry, I'll leave you to your tanning. I'm going to look 40 when I'm 80 from lack of wrinkles. Good luck!

Laquina said...

I still look 16 which makes you kind of a pervert.

Marge Bjork said...

you may call me pasty, and some people have at times thought that my skin was actually white articles of clothing, but I have tan lines. I think this means I'll look like an 85 at 80 but still as white as ever. I'm not winning here.