Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You say mixtape, I say muxtape

Do you actually remember recording songs off the radio? I remember tripping and injuring myself just to make it over to my stereo to record Offspring's "Come Out and Play" when it came on the radio (If memory serves I didn't make it there quite in time and never had the beginning of that song). Then when mp3s stormed onto the scene, I remember hooking up my tape deck to the computer just to record Sugarhill Gang's "Apache" and Bill Wither's "Lovely Day". Wait, wait, wait... did anyone ever do the pause-unpause action while you were recording songs to edit swear words? Ya, I totally did that: genius.

Basically what I'm trying to say: I love mixtapes, or playlists. And you know what else? I feel like I'm surrounded by people who have an awesome taste in music. I want to hear your mixes. I have a great idea about how to do that: muxtape.com.

This website allows you to upload mp3s and basically share them with whoever you want! It is a smooth and super-simple website. So I propose that all of us replacement friends make a wicked playlist and put your muxlist web address in the comments of this post. I have already started! Check mine out at richrich.muxtape.com.

2 comments:

tara said...

I love that you reminded all of us of our awkward mixed tape days. Good times! I am going to try out that website...

CFlo said...

cfloaudio.muxtape.com