Friday, June 6, 2008

Wow. I like this quote.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Umm... so enjoy and maybe followup with another quote that is good in the comments? Here's a neat picture:

2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

My favorite is:
"Once on meeting Leonard Nimoy and his wife, I was gratified to find out...how literate they are. He advised me on the pronunciation of some words in the expression 'Alle Kunst ist umsunst wenn ein Engel auf das zündloch brunzt' (which covers a multitude of sins and means something like: all skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket)." -Heather McHugh (a poet)

tara said...

Demetri Martin has a few good ones:

Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.

Employee of the month is a good example of how somebody can be both a winner and a loser at the same time.

Also, I think Heinlein stated the obvious. I mean, as a human being I have done all of those things. Especially the pitch manure part. Many a time.