Saturday, May 10, 2008

Road trip!

I can't believe I didn't go on more road trips during my college career. This semester was the first that I really took a lot of road trips and the last one I went on was mooooonnney!! Let me tell you some of the hilarious happenings. Rich, Sam, and I while in Arizona were staying with Brittany and since her Mom teaches PE at the local Junior High, she mentioned we could all go to the pool. What she didn't mention at first was that we could only go during gym class. So we got to go back in time to Junior High days and assist a genuine American PE class! It was fantastic, and very awkward. Some kids asked us if we were in ninth grade. Then we headed to a reception because Britt had to work on some flower arrangements. We waited patiently in our swim trunks where the reception was going to be as the family passed us all in our suits and to our dismay, the reception started, we were in our suits, and Britt had just finished the arrangements. So we ended up attending that reception AND another one in our short bathing suits. I kept trying to pull it down over my knees, but no dice, they were short shorts. The next day we played some irrigation football, because in az they flood fields and call it irrigation. It was sooo sweet running around in the dirty water and tackling each other but then Rich got a rock stuck in his foot. That wasn't funny, but it was when we went to urgent care and got a tetanus shot and Rich had to hide his injury to avoid seeing the doctor and just getting the shot. We left to Havasupai that night for the next three days and it surely was three days in paradise. Havasupai was fetchin' amazing and we were jumping off anything we could in the clear blue water. For some reason, I started to say fetch at havasupai. Rich is going to write about the havasupai trip later.

No comments: