Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Now for the Feats of Strength!

So it's official Jon Lau is going to the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania mission. HOO-RAY! Sad thing is he reports to the MTC August 13th. Which is 10 days before our August 23rd wedding. With this development the position for Best Man at my wedding is now open. From the poll it looks like we have a two man race between Chad Michael Duford and Richard Michael Wood. Now, they are both great friends and I really can't choose between the two of them so I'm going to let them decide. Here's the catch though we are going to have a feats of strength to see who is going to be my best man. It's going to be a decathlon of the most grueling kind. We are going to test agility, strength, intelligence, wit, and stamina.

Here are the Ten events to see who will be my best man:

1) The Mile - 4 laps around the track. Whoever has the best mile time wins.
2) Pick Up Sticks - Best out of three rounds of pickup sticks.
3) Personal Statement - A personal statement will be written by each of the challengers. The statement will be 2 pages max double space about why they think they would be the best best man. The statements will then be read by a panel of judges including myself and 4 other members. The judges will vote on who they think has a better personal statement
4) Cook Off - Each contestant can choose whatever he would like to cook. The same judges will sample the food and vote again.
5) Monkey Bars - The contestant will have 3 chances each to see how many bars they can skip while swinging from one bar to another. Should there be a tie they will have to do as many laps on the monkey bars as they can before they fall off.
6) Super Mario Brothers - The contestants will have one game of Super Mario Brothers. Whoever gets the furthest without warping wins.
7) The SAT - We'll provide a condensed version of the SAT for them to retake. Whoever scores the highest wins.
8) TBA
9) Challenger Choice - Chad will get to challenge Richard to anything he wants. (with my approval)
10) Challenge Choice - Richard will get to challenge Chad to anything he wants. (with my approval)

Whitney and I are going to be down in Utah in a couple of weeks to see her new baby nephew. We will hold the decathlon then. Let the airing of grievances begin!

Note: I reserve the right to change the events of the decathlon at anytime. Also if anyone has a good idea for an event feel free to share it with me.

6 comments:

tara said...

As much "fun" as all of this sounds, I think if I were either Chad or Rich I would just drop out. I mean, what does a best man do anyway? Pretty sure he won't be hiring strippers for your bachelor party.

Also, it is important to be a good dancer since one might have to dance at a wedding, therefore I propose a dance-off challenge between the two.

Mike Lau said...

Tara that is something a Sitwell would say. Think of all the fun we will have watching the two of them compete for the title of best man. I do like where you are going with this dance-off challenge but should it be a dance-off or dance marathon?

Anonymous said...

Wow... Mike this is pretty amazing. It is on like Donkey Kong! (WWF Voice) Chad Duford, where ever you are... I will destroy you in the ring as you meet these (pointing to guns) and the master of disaster at Wrestlemania XXIV!

tara said...

Yes I think a dance marathon would be better. That way we can come and go as we please, but they have to keep dancing. While we sit and laugh.

Marge Bjork said...

The Dance Marathon idea is GENIUS!
Two: I love that you accused Tara of being a Sitwell
Three: Do we get to watch all of these events? I want to see all of this

Missy Johnson said...

um...this is hilarious.