Wednesday, March 19, 2008

St. Patrick's Day Karaoke

What did I learn this past St. Patrick's Day? Well, I learned that Karaoke turns Stephen, Lisha, Whitney, Tara, Lanni, and I into drunken Asian businessmen. So basically we become half Irish... the drunk half... except we didn't drink... but most of us wore green so basically we're Irish. So "how did this event go down?" you ask. Well, let me tell you. Highlights included The Waitresses' "I Know What Boys Like", Britney's "(Hit Me Baby) One More Time", Simon and Garfunkel's "Sound of Silence", and, possibly the karaoke's finest hour, Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the U.S.A.".

In other news, Lent ends this Sunday. Possibly many of you don't know, but I have been on YouTube Lent. Quite honestly, it has been fantastic! I hope that I will be able to keep it up after Lent. It was part of an amazing agreement between Lisha and I that I would give up YouTube and she would give up VH1. I think Lent will be become a yearly staple for me from now on, along with St. Patrick's Day karaoke. Hmm... I'll probably have to think up things to spice up other "second-tier" holidays (i.e. Martin Luther King Day, Queen Victoria Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Remembrance Day, etc...). And, by the way, congratulations to Jeff for being the must cuddle-up-able.

4 comments:

tara said...

Rich I can't believe that you forgot one of the best: "Superstar" by the Carpenters! A CLASSIC. And we all belted it at the top of our lungs. I almost shed a tear it was so moving.

rich said...

Oh my gosh! You are right. That was a good one.

Laquina said...

Wait...I WAS drinking. Wasn't everyone else?

Marge Bjork said...

I was, but apparently I wasn't a drunken japanese business man with you guys