Thursday, March 6, 2008

I've got the "sad cuz I haven't sang the roommate blues in a while" blues...


I don't know what happened to me when I moved but I just didn't/don't have the desire to do much when I get home from work. I just feel like relaxing and reading a book. I don't even watch TV anymore. But the one thing I really haven't done in a while is play the guitar. I've picked it up a time here or there but I really just didn't feel like playing. Then something change this past week that made me want to strap up the old guitar and play. I started listening to the blues again. I picked up John Mayall's Bluesbreaks album a couple of weeks ago and it inspired me to go looking for my other blues albums.  Pretty much all I've been listening to the past couple of weeks is the blues. Well that and all the music that Whitney has been sending me. But As I've been listening to the blues it makes me want to pick up my guitar and play again. The only downside is I don't have Stephen and Jeff to sing the blues while I play. But for now I'll deal with these "sad cuz I haven't sang the roommate blues in a while" blues and get my blues skills better so when I do see Stephen and Jeff we can play some roommate blues. So Stephen and Jeff better get a practicing.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of these days man we'll be taking a trip out to Seattle to visit you.

Stephen said...

I second that, we will visit you. I will practice in the meantime

Whits said...

guitar players are hot.

keep on strumming. :)