Friday, March 7, 2008

People Watching at Airports

There a two odd things I love about flying. First, I love looking through the Sky Mall catalogue. I do not think you can find better reading. Where else can I find adult-sized jammies, a USB-powered coffee mug heater, a litter-box hidden unobtrusively hidden inside a pot plant, a luggage set especially used by golf pros, or a hearing aid that looks like a bluetooth headset so the hearing impair can look "young" and "cool"? In addition, the picture of the lady sleeping with a pillow that allows you to lie face down gets me EVERYTIME. I don't know what it is, I just find it funny.

The other thing I love is people watching. I think I especially love observing Airline employees. Whether it be the black woman driving a golf cart-type vehicle with black trousers that look like they have been painted on, or whether it be lady at the gate who has a wicked femullet:


2 comments:

Miss C. said...

Oh Rich I totally agree with you about flying. Also, that mullet is priceless and even more priceless because you were able to document it on your blog.
-Becca

Laquina said...

Ditto on the sky mall magazines, I LOVE those. Especially because who wouldn't want to buy a giant tropical yard slide and then try and get it home afterwards. I just love traveling and yet the last 3 times I flown somewhere the person next to me has burst into tears. What gives?