Monday, February 4, 2008

Rainy Days & Mondays Always Get Me Down

For the past few days I have been bewildered as to why I had this sudden desire to listen to the Carpenters. There is no doubt about it... they are a guilty, guilty, guilty pleasure. I have nightmares of somebody walking in as I passionately sing "Don't you remember you told me you loved me baby? Said you gone and back this way again baby. Baby, baby, baby, oh baby. I love you. I really do."



However, just today, in fact just mere minutes ago I discovered why. It is well known that Karen Carpenter and I have a special connection. My mom's name is Caren and, hello, look at our last names... Carpenter? Wood? Woah, if it's not scary yet, it's about to get crazier. Today is the 25th Anniversary of Karen Carpenter's death. So thank you Carpenters for arranging and writing some amazing tunes, and filling my family kitchen with music.

2 comments:

Laquina said...

You also have the same hair-flip going on....and if that's not psycho enough then keep reading because you both have a brother who is taller than you........weird.

Anonymous said...

Seriously Rich, my day is better when you post. This is good crap and support your guilty pleasure. We need to hang out out it has been forever. What's the dealio?
-Becca