Friday, February 29, 2008

Now if you'll excuse me, they're putting me in something called Hero Squad.

Well everybody, I ran today. Now that a few more things have settled down in my life, I finally can get to working out again. Why did I have to wait till things calmed down? Well, I have a disease; It's called "if there are too many things to do on my to-do list then I usually end up not doing anything" disease. Well I have a job and I am pretty settled there now, I am over the new job jitters. I have sent in every possible application to medical school, and have interviews starting this week (snap!). And I have had some quality time with my brothers lately.

Anyways back to my main point, I ran today. I want to declare it because I feel like if I do, I will maintain my running consistency. Although I did not start it today, I would also like to combine my running activity with muscle building activity. Anyways, now back to my main point: running. I created the ultimate playlist, it goes something like this:

1. Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run

Then make sure your iPod on "Repeat". Done, there you have it. The ultimate running playlist. Trust me, as it gets near the end of the song and you feel like you have nothing left, the boss will screech out these words:

The highways jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Everybody's out on the the run tonight, but there's no place to hide
Together Wendy we'll live with the sadness
I'll love you with all the madness in my soul
Someday girl I don't know when we're gonna get to that place
Where we really want to go and we'll walk in the sun
But till tramps like us, baby we were born to run

You can download this ultimate running playlist... HERE. Yes, I know, I too have this pulsating desire to wear ripped up jeans, a flannel shirt, and a bandana. This feeling is natural, it is called "America". I know this sounds like an earlier post, but I feel like I am hitting a brick wall with the boss, in that no one else shares my enthusiasm. Stephen thinks his voice is annoying. Lisha just flat out dislikes him. And Mike thinks it's just funny. Well feast your eyes, here is the boss in his mid-1970s glory!

And yes, he is my facial and normal hair inspiration.

No comments: