Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Candy Man Can!

First of I must say kudos to Stephen for blogging the past couple of weeks. I haven't posted in a while. Ithink it was mostly because I was too tired. Those 9hr work days took a lot out of me. But I'm finally starting to get the hang of them. I have so much stuff to update on. So here goes.

The job has been good so far. The only downside has been all the computer time I've been logging. I really wish I would have paid more attention in my computational physics classes as well as my mathematical physics class. Stupid fourier transforms! Oh well. I just have to relearn the stuff. The one major bummer, and it's only going to get worse this summer, is it has been so nice out the past couple of days and I've been stuck inside. It's been pretty crummy weather since I've been here but we finally got some beautiful days. I'm just hoping it'll be nice this weekend.

The past weekend my friend Whitney came out and visited. This is after 5 years of promising to come out and visit. It was such a fun weekend. We hit up pike place, the SAM, and the EMP. We went to Dicks three times, and it was delicious every single time. We also spent more time at Bellevue Square than I have in my entire life. One of the highlights of the weekend was going out to her family friend's house on Vashon island. It was so gorgeous! They have a house right on the sound with an amazing view 0f Mt Rainier. It made me want to invent something so I could get rich and retire already to an island with my sailboat. 

Another highlight from this weekend was a trip to the wonderful store Easy Street Records. I was a kid in a candy shop. No foolin. I could have walked out of there spending over $500. They have so many amazing albums that I will definitely be going back. I did walk away with four amazing albums though. The prize of the lot being Radiohead's OK computer. It sounds so amazing on vinyl. I also picked up John Mayall's Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton, Pearl Jam's Ten, and finally Belle and Sebastian's The Boy With The Arab Strap. There were some others that almost made it out of the store with me but had to wait for another day. 

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Those must be some sweet sounds on the record player. I miss listening to it and falling asleep in the donut chair.

Marge Bjork said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marge Bjork said...

you're so cool and adultish now, woof