Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Richard Wood Goes On Welfare

I write this next bit tilting my head to the upper right, closing my eyes, and gently kissing the sweet taste off the tips of my fingers: "Ah... few things beat the fine corpulence of you my friend, welfare cheque." As you can all see, I also look the part. I've broken my record in growing out my beard for a two and a half weeks. My showers have unfortunately not been daily. Also my crazy afro is back. So, obviously, I will be spending my cheque on bling and to put money down on a large screen television. My brothers and I get these cheques every three months because the government loves us... no it's actually a rebate for Goods and Services Tax (our national sales tax or GST). So is it actually welfare? Debatable, but I'd like to think so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

P.S. To anyone who worries, yes I will be shaving. My beard experiment has sadly fizzled. I cannot grow the mustache to beard connection (yet), which was my goal of my experiment. And a haircut is also high on my to do list when I return to Provo.

Laquina said...

Did you get a Jesus chain?

tara said...

And instead of a tv, did you buy cocaine with that money? It would be fitting with your new look.

Marge Bjork said...

one time when I worked at a grocery store these people came in with a government check to buy things for their baby and they bought lots of ketchup, steak, and cigarettes and one bottle of baby food. Did you buy any ketchup?