Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Christmas!

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring except for Mike Lau. That is why I decided to write a nice little Christmas post. I'm a sucker for the holidays, well except for that whole shopping thing at the overcrowded mall where it brings out the worst in everybody. I love the christmas lights, the christmas tree with all the loot underneath, pumpkin bread, chinese food (yes we incorporate our chinese heritage in our christmas dinner), stocking stuffers, Charlie Brown Christmas, etc. I think the thing I love the most is the time I get to spend with my family. Now that everybody is grown up it is rare to have everybody home at the same time. In fact the last time we had all six of us kids at home was last year at Christmas. And trust me when the Lau's get together it's always an exciting time. Last year while we were waiting to open our presents my sister was trying to see how high she could throw a stuffed bear in the air. Well on one attempt she threw it too far back and it landed up where you see it in the picture. And it's still there one year later. That's just one example but there are many more. I'm just glad I get to spend this time with my family. I hope everybody has a great Christmas and that we can really remember the real reason of the season. That is the birth of the Savior. So Merry Christmas to everybody and to Rich and Steve a Happy Hanukkah! 

2 comments:

Laquina said...

I know what you mean, except our house is a lot more empty than usual - but we still decided to see how high we could throw my nephew. Looks like he'll be in the rafters for the next year....oops.

Missy Johnson said...

I say "Happy Christmas" too!