Friday, December 28, 2007

Auf Wiedersehen

Today I had an interview with my dad's company where I have the opportunity of doing my capstone project with them. Then the bomb came. If I was to do my capstone project with them they would want to hire me on a 6 month basis. Meaning my life in Provo would be over as we know it. I would basically go back to Provo at the end of the break, get everything organized and then drive home a week or two later. Only to come back for a little bit in April to turn in my project and graduate. I know I've been saying I'm ready to leave Provo but I just didn't think it was going to be this soon. I'm not going to lie I've been having a blast this year so far. Most likely it's due to the fact that I had a lot of easy classes this past semester. I still could do my capstone project at BYU with some professor there but I wouldn't be getting paid to do it. Man I hate making "grown up" decisions. 

9 comments:

Laquina said...

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!! What are you thinking? You will have to leave someday soon anyway......

You are definitely going to regret cutting 'revisiting utah' short.

I HATE grown-up decisions too.

I'm not even making any sense right now - you threw off my groove.

NOT HAPPY.......NICE PLANE

rich said...

Mike... DO IT! I'm totally going to miss you but I think this is the chance of a lifetime for you. Wait... what about Medical School? Dude, follow you heart.

Laquina said...

OK, sorry about that last one. I should not have written under duress before I got a chance to process. Sometimes I'm so dramatic, I just want to....set myself on fire!

If it's a really good opportunity and you feel good about it then take it. After all, this could open up new things for you and networking is how it's done.

But, if you do decided to take it then I have two concerns: we would have to fast-track the fry daddy project and please don't just buy a porsche - they aren't that great for car seats.

God speed.

Marge Bjork said...

SAD! That's one reason I'm glad I still have years of school left because it's a buffer for grown-up decisions.
I don't even know what to tell you, so I'll quote the great Rich Wood and say "Dude, follow your heart."

rich said...

Wait, wait... for some reason I read your post late at night and thought you were headed out of the country. Man, I think this position sounds like it will be health related, right? That will totally help you with medical school.

tara said...

I prayed about it and received the answer that you are supposed to stay in Provo until the end of the summer at least.

Don't follow your heart - follow Tara's advice. Think of all the FUN that you will miss.

Marge Bjork said...

yeah tara's advice is pretty sound.

Britt said...

Don't go Mike- what will we do without you?!?!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

This is a great opportunity Mike but can you find something of equal opportunity here?! If not, I say go for it. Far from the eyes, close to the heart...