Monday, December 31, 2007

We Are the Village Green Preservation Society

Due to all the awesome-ness that is going on in Winnipeg, I thought the blog was long overdue for a Canadian update. I must apologize profusely I do not have any pictures yet. I will get some tonight though at our Stake Wide Family New Year's Dance. Where do I begin? You'll be happy to know the Stephen and I have been working on our freestyle rap skills thanks to Flocabulary's website, which provides a good number of varied back beats for people wishing to practice their freestyle skills. Also, I finally got around to giving a good listen to German electronic music pioneer's Kraftwerk. Follow the link and melt in the presence of their awesomeness (especially once it hits around 1:05). Now for the best story! I just opened up my birthday card from Grandma Wood. I will now transcribe it word for word: "G'Ma, Twenty-five is a dangerous year!! Richard, be careful... very careful." I love my Grandma! Dear Mike, please stay in Utah unless this is just an opportunity you can't pass up. Follow your heart!

6 comments:

Mike Lau said...

Rich I'm glad to hear that you and Steve have been working on your freestyling. I'll have to get my brother to help me make some beats so we can record some raps when I get back. The whole job thing is still in the air. I'm going to meet with them again this week and I'm going to see how much they'll pay me. That might be the deciding factor.

tara said...

Is this the Les Mis sweatshirt grandma? If so, I think she should come to the cabin too.

Also, I am hoping for good stories from the Family Rocking New Years Eve Dance.... after all, how many people get the chance to go to one of those?

Laquina said...

Do families dance together? A circle of family, hand-holding, dancing? Taradise and I danced together all night and it was NOT family-style, trust me.

Who ruled DDR this year?

Mike Lau said...

Hey did you tell any girls at the dance that you loved them?

vmmh said...

your grandma is very james bond-esque. and i love it.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...Rich I don't get blog pages but seeing as you may live away from home most of the year etc I'll let you off....as for the misfits at your dance it's nice to see that one of them thinks he's Scottish...i feel the craziness :)