Tuesday, March 2, 2010

from far and wide

Yes. We made it. We won the only gold medal that mattered. Yes. It feels so good. In fact I was so proud, I grew a copper red hair in my beard (true story). Yes. I have been growing a beard off and on... all the time. I grow it. Then it bugs me and I shave. I like what I have going on, and I'm glad Lisha doesn't mind.

So what is up! I'm sure you didn't come here hoping to read about Canada and my beard. But maybe you did. How about this? So as you read on Lisha's blog she received a glowing evaluation from work. I was so happy for her. It is so awesome! So we went out to celebrate. We probably took an hour to find a place we both wanted to go to. But what did we find? We found noodles. Delicious noodles!

So good. So good, that we had to go again on Monday for take out. Trust me, this is very new for us. We eat out maybe once every two weeks. This place was just THAT good. Mmm, mmm, mmm!

Oh ya, it's called "In the Bowl". It has a billion glowing reviews on the internet. And they deserve it, BIG TIME. So next time any of you are in town we will take you there.

That reminds me. We need visitors. We miss everyone so much. I know, I know. It is probably our turn to visit you.

Wait hold on a second, this post is sounding like a married blog post. I was about to write about how we're looking for a new place to live. Yikes! How boring is that? Okay new direction.

So, I am playing church basketball. It is SO much fun. We totally have not won a single game. BUT it is never a blow out. Our games are usually really close. It is a little heartbreaking, but the league is really chill. There is a definite lack of the BYU douche-hards that would play intramural ball.

Maybe we would have more succes though if I started to get more in their face. Like, during the last game I totally stuffed this guy. But afterwards... I didn't do anything. I just went down to the other side of the court to play offense. But what, I should have done was wave my "Mutombo" finger. Or at least, yelled "Not in MY house!".

And maybe when I score a basket, I should leave my hand in the air as I back-skip-pedal down to our defensive end. Maybe some chest bumping. Maybe I should just full on rip my shirt off after I get a rebound.

I mean, these are all good ideas. So word to your mother, and enjoy the music I am posting below this. Maybe you will find some new gems for your collection. They are are totally downloadable! Just right-click and save as!

Local Natives "Wide Eyes"
Beach House "Silver Soul"
Grizzly Bear "Two Weeks"
I'm From Barcelona "UHOH"
Friendly Fires "Paris"

4 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

huh, local natives are pretty good. Thanks Mr. Canada Beard!

Mike Lau said...

At last count we've visited you guys 3 times. I think it's time you guys made a trip to SF.

Carina said...

Have you guys seen this?
Ke$ha and Star Wars in Provo? Because I think you know some of the participants.

And I'm trying to figure out when we can come see you guys. Maybe in May?

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

I love this blog, because it's weird and funny. Thank you for not becoming a married blog, LAME AND BORING.
-Becca C.