Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It is like there's a party in my mouth, and everyone's invited


Mushrooms. Tomatoes. Non-iceberg lettuce salads. Pesto. Spaghetti squash. Salmon. White fish. HEALTHY pizza. Panini sandwiches. Tomato soup. Tortilla soup. Homemade chicken pot pie.

I forgot that a person could eat like this. Before Lisha, I would come home, Foreman grill some chicken, sautee some green beans, and make some rice in my rice cooker and call it a day. I know, it doesn't sound bad... but I would do this everyday. I actually had a very good system to make this meal as quick as possible. Then I would eat it alone. Cry. And then go back to the library and study.

The list could go on about the things Lisha does to make life sweet, but I feel like I should post something more "replacement-friend-y". So here's something I have wanted to do. Here are a of my favorite listenings of 2008! These bands definitely did NOT all have releases this year. These are songs you would have heard if you took my headphones off and put them on your ears. And since I married a Spanish woman, I call it "¡AtenciĆ³n, Ocho!"


Tracklist:
Fleet Foxes - English House
My Morning Jacket - Look at You
Sloan - Worried Now
The Most Serene Republic - Present of Future End
The Clientele - Since K Got Over Me
The Beach Boys - Vegetable
Vampire Weekend - Walcott
Bruce Springsteen - Jungleland

1 comment:

rich said...

Also, can you guys let me know of any good music you were listening to this past year. It doesn't have to be 2008-released music either.

Also I wasn't crying before Lisha was with me... it was more like a wimpering.