Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mom's awesome, maybe we should call her


How often have you caught yourself doing this. You're studying. Doing something completely effective, but then all of a sudden you need to watch Sunny in Philadelphia on Hulu, look at things you won't buy, or attempt to break your own record on expert minesweeper.

Ya, I don't know what it is. But I HAVE to beat my record. Is this just nerdy... OR am I secretly training for the moment when I have to navigate a group of war torn survivors through a mine field "Wait! Don't step there... I've done this before. There are 5 mines in this area but over there it just says one. Both proximities share that same mine. We can step there, there, there, and there"

I have noticed something else happening to me. After my mission, I remember watching Pirates of the Caribbean and feeling completely mind blown - "Woah! That was the most intense action ever!". Now that I practically never have time to sit and watch movies, I made an oath, I would watch a movie Saturday night. I watched "War of the Worlds" (part of my roommates collection) and I had that same withdrawal feeling - "Woah! This movie is INTENSE!" Even though I KNOW "BYU me" would have been "Laaaaaame."

7 comments:

Mike Lau said...

Rich stop playing mine sweeper and start studying!

rich said...

Don't worry Mike, even as we speak. I am studying. Except for this comment. But I am studying pretty much all the time.

R Smith said...

Hey Rich,
If you like minesweeper, you'll get a kick out of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHY8NKj3RKs

all that training just may pay off.

-- Ryan

Marge Bjork said...

Rich, I am sure there will be a day when your minesweeper skills will come in handy. keep at it, school is ridiculous.

Laquina said...

Is it the same when you get "action"? Does it blow your mind because its been so long?

rich said...

I have no idea what you're talking about Lisha...

tara said...

Rich how do you write in the same way that you talk? It's amazing! I can so hear the way that you say "Laaaame" right now.