Sunday, August 31, 2008

Law... I am the law

It's been a while, I know you have all been missing the random Stephen posts about bugs on windshields and being a boat hand. I have ventured into law school and have commenced my studies in the field of law. Everything so far has been quite interesting and it has been both a humbling and a learning experience, I must say! The legal field varies greatly and the options that lay before me seem extensive! It is wonderful! Indeed! The work is hard and the studies endless, but this is the path I chose and I intend to follow this path free of regrets of what could have been.
I feel like I was writing a letter back in the olden days, they sure had good letter writing skills. So polite and correct. Law school is tooooons of work! Just like I expected. And this time around, I HAVE to do the reading. It's not like doing an undergrad where you can get by without reading or using wikipedia as your textbook (which I did for History of Creativity and I rocked that class by the way, all thanks to Wikipedia). Hawai'i is off the hook! I must admit, being in the library all the time can get depressing when I think of what is outside and what I could be doing. I am however going to purchase a bike so I can take short breaks inbetween studying to go to the beach. The ocean is only a mile or so from the school, but the nice less crowded beaches are about 3. So I figure on a bike that'll take me maybe 20 minutes or so, we'll see. The people are great. My roommates are two freshmen, and they're nice guys. Fresh out of High School!
Yesterday, I went to a Tongan dance, and it was the bomb! There was such a variety of music and tons of food of course. There are two other members in the school with me. They are both from Hawai'i and they are really great.
Tonight was pretty random, I went to a really top body surfing beach (the waves were enormous!) and on the bus ride back I started talking to this girl with the biggest fro and then she ended up coming over to our place and having dinner with my roommates and I because she actually lives just right around the corner. It was a merry old time! So random. One other thing I like about Hawai'i is that there are no hipsters or 'indie people'! Fantastic!
I wanted a picture for the post so I searched lawyer and this was the first picture that came up. Funny eh!

3 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

1. I think you should have regrets. Why have a prosperous and stable career when you could have been anything? Like someone who sells tie-die shirts out of a van.

2. I'm glad you're having a merry old time. Especially one free of hipsters.

3. I hope they have lots of rice in Hawaii.

Morgan said...

I would suggest as part of your law training to start watching A Few Good Men on a weekly basis, and working on your death stare!

tara said...

It's about time Stephen. Post some pictures of you in your element already.