Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Good Ol' Hockey Game


I think everyone will be happy to know that hockey is alive and well in Canada. It's so crazy living in Canada and seeing how important hockey is. There is no doubt in my mind that it plays an integral part of our culture, probably more so than baseball does for America. Stephen and I, along with our Dad and our brother Sam, hit the ice early this morning to celebrate. And you know what? We may not be able to compete with best, or the average, or the slightly below average but on the whole I was really impressed with our ability to play the game. We could defend skating backwards, handle the puck around people, score goals, make smart plays, and skate hard with ramming into the boards and falling on the ice. I can't wait to go back and play next week! The amount of ice rinks in Winnipeg is mind boggling, seriously. Once November comes we just pour water on the ground and count on it being there till March or April. In other news, I was so upset by the Republican Primary in Iowa I started up my personal blog again. I linked it on the side.

1 comment:

Laquina said...

That post makes me feel cold. Blah.