Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Baby we were born to run

As the light from the morning sun poured across my chest (muscular) through the blinds, I looked up at a picture of an eagle scrawled across my bedroom wall. It was then that I found a brand new vision as I embark on my job search. I am going to go America all over everyone! In the words of the Boss:

In the day we sweat it out in the streets of a runaway American dream
At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines
Sprung from cages out on highway 9,
Chrome wheeled, fuel injected
and steppin' out over the line
Baby this town rips the bones from your back
It's a death trap, it's a suicide rap
We gotta get out while we're young
`Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Like my Jewish ancestors of old, I'm going to live the American dream, except mine will have a soundtrack provided by Bruce Springsteen. Why? Because in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. I hold these truths to be self-evident all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Recognize it? It's the Declaration. USA! USA! USA!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried many times to write this without lightly swearing, but I couldn't get it to sound the same.

Marge Bjork said...

So if you yell USA can I yell CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! Because I could practically claim Canadianship. I mean we use your change interchangeably with our change back home.

tara said...

Beautiful, Rich. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Holy Rich....please go America over my ass. This was seriously a breath of fresh air to read. Sometimes all I need is a little Rich Wood. Thanks for it my weekend is no complete.

Missy Johnson said...

You are so totally refreshing.