Friday, November 23, 2007

Thank you... for loving me... for being my eyes

Oh man, a friend just recently reminded me of an amazing feud my brother Stephen and I had when we were in high school. I had fallen asleep in my room with the radio playing. Stephen walks into wake me up and on the radio is Bon Jovi's "Thank you for loving me" gently playing over the airwaves.

Well, I woke up and looked at Steve and he said "Richard... are you crying? What happened?" Obviously, he was joking... I wasn't crying! I just woke up. Anyways Stephen had a great laugh. At his next available opportunity he recorded "Thank You for Loving Me Off" with his tape deck and planted it in my stereo with a sticky note of "Press play". I did and Steve jumped in my room and was like "Dude, get over it man! She's not coming back." This went back and forth a million times... and for the last time, I fell asleep and the song just happened to be on the radio! 

To watch a truly inspired interpretation... click HERE.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the swagger as the guy approaches the mic. Like when he drinks from his Coke and grabs the mic just at the right time like we caught him in the middle of his thoughts.