Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Beijing 2008: wishful thinking or hardcore reality

I am taking a springboard diving class next semester in hopes to rekindle the prodigy like skills I had as an 11 year old in this domain. The thought of the olympics started when I mentioned to my Mother that I would be taking this class and she said, "good, you were so gifted." Even though she is my mother she meant it. I could do a one and a half, and a very nice backflip. Then, Rich said, "maybe you could go to the olympics". Thats when I realized that... maybe I could. This would surely be a commendable achievement. And just a note on Rich's entry: instead of robots I thought everyone turned into a gremlin, but they didn't want to strangle me, I didn't know what they wanted.

2 comments:

Laquina said...

God speed Stephen. I once thought I was destined for Olympic greatness in the gymnastic world. Then I got tendinitis and suddenly my career was over. So take it and run....you never know when the Lord giveth and when he taketh.

tara said...

I thought divers had to be short. No offense Stephen, but I can only imagine your long legs flopping very ungracefully into the water and making a rather large splash.