Monday, October 29, 2007

By the Power of Greyskull

I was up all last night, and you know what? I feel like I've triumphed over the human body. It's like I've run a marathon or finished the Iron Man. My body wanted to sleep but I was like "I'm the master, you listen to me. We're staying awake. I've got papers to write. 

But you know what I may be lying because between 1:30 and 3:00 I actually did take a little sleep. However, I considered this more of a "nap" than "sleep" per se. I'll leave for my biographers to decide.

Either way, it was a much needed triumph for my soul-destroying weekend. I'm having trouble fixing my scooter and it is eating me inside. I feel like I'm losing a loved one to a chronic disease. I have some new ideas as to how to fix it though. If I can get it to work again, I'm throwing a party, like the father of the Prodigal Son. I've got this fatted calf lying around anyways so I might as well.

3 comments:

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

I heart Rich Wood. Hey, can I get a ride on your scooter when it's fixed.
-Becca

Whits said...

I love that line in Hot Fuzz.

Morgan said...

lets get that hog up and running when we work on it I feel like were are on American Chopper you are the skinny dude and I am one of the fat guys. I heard buying leather chaps and a vest will make it work faster and be bad@$$