Tuesday, May 11, 2010

for 40 days and 40 nights

If you don't hear from me... it is because I am going to become a hermit. Now we all know kind of what a hermit is, but I would like to share a little more about what it means. Once again, I am going to rip something off of Wikipedia:

"In Christianity, the term was originally applied to a Christian who lives the eremitic life out of a religious conviction, namely the Desert Theology of the Old Testament (i.e., the forty years wandering in the desert that was meant to bring about a change of heart)."

I don't know how to say this... I'm switching to Catholicism.

Just kidding. I am becoming a medical student hermit to bring about a change of brain. I'm going to make it smart. And instead of forty years, I have 42 days. Take that Israelites!

What does this mean? I am barely, if ever, going to be using the computer. Jesus went without food and bread for forty days, I am going without the computer (mostly, practice tests are online). So I just need to say goodbye to a few things: goodbye iChat with Mike; goodbye Gizmodo; goodbye NY Times; goodbye Slate; goodbye Engadget; goodbye blogger; goodbye Hulu; goodbye Netflix

But mostly, goodbye iTunes.

So in short, I will barely be updating this blog (if ever). Luckily, we have Mike, Steve, and Jeff updating this blog as well... hahaha, ah that's funny (that will never happen).

So goodbye. I leave you with a Bob Dylan playlist. I meant to post this a long time ago. It basically is a list of Dylan songs that I believe will make a convert out of anyone... unless you don't have a heart.

Moonshiner
Girl From the North Country
Love Minus Zero No Limit
One of Us Must Know (Sooner or Later)
One Too Many Mornings
Lay, Lady, Lay
Corrina, Corrina
Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
Drifter's Escape
You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go

4 comments:

Mike Lau said...

HA! Thats a great joke Rich. Maybe just maybe I'll post something in your absence but don't hold your breath.

Stephen said...

I believe in you brother.

Marge Bjork said...

I believe in your smart brain getting smarter!

PS. this is my kind of play list. Gracias.

Miss C. said...

I miss your posts already, this blog is a breath of fresh air!
-Becca C.