Tuesday, February 16, 2010

i am so glad i curled

I was looking at our blog and wondering if I wanted to make any changes. Then I thought to myself, "what about changing our top graphic!".

So I started doodling around with different pictures and different fonts... but it turns out I'm not that good at this stuff. I wish I took a course in graphic design or at least had some innate artistic ability.

So what ended up happening is that I kept the Lichtenstein at the top... but I made a subtle, or not so subtle change. Can you spy what I did?

On another note, a bunch of people in class today were mocking / trying to grasp the intricacies of curling. I am so glad I was able to curl in High School PE and learn the rules of the game. Really the basics are not that difficult. Whoever is closets to the middle and within the circle automatically gets a point and then they get "bonus" points for every stone that is next closest as long as the other team does not have a stone that is closer.

Was that clear, or just more confusing?

Is anyone else loving the Winter Olympics? And on another note hates the way NBC presents the olympics (ie. not live most of the time)?

4 comments:

Stephen said...

One reason I'm not fond of how NBC covers the olympics is how they make everything so DRAAAMMMMAAAA. "Oh my gosh, this figure skater totally broke his ankle and is now on the recovery and the whole country is like totally weighing on his shoulders and if he doesn't perform well, this will be like his third disappointment and this is probably his last chance at redeeming himself and his whole entire country, meanwhile, he is totally in a fight with the other figure skater from his country because he is such a bad boy skater and brakes all the rules and there is a judge that is totally dating his ex girlfriend!!!"

Marge Bjork said...

wait, did you catch how they made that plushenko guy look like Stalin? yeah.

secondly, my guess is you took the border away from the lichtenstein?

rich said...

I changed the text of the speech bubble in the graphic at the top.

Jeff said...

wow, not only badminton, but you canadians also did CURLING in gym? such intensity.

speaking of the DRAMA, check out the sap-o-meter on slate.com. pretty humorous.