Monday, October 19, 2009

music?

So, once Mike had sent me over some of the new Beatles on mono stuff... it reminded me how much I love music. I feel like lately I have been listening to a lot of music that is somehow electronically manipulated with a lot of synthesizers or neat computer tricks. I still like that stuff, but I love how the music I listed below is so alive. It is the kind of stuff a few guitars and a drum set can recreate... like when Mike and I used to jam out in the Chatham Towne basement. Do you remember that? Epic.



The Zombies, Love, Velvet Underground, Bob Dylan (electric), The Who, The Kinks, The Beatles, The Remains, The Beach Boys, Bob Dylan (folk), Donovan, Rolling Stones

4 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

GREATEST LOVE SONG EVER! You can't NOT be happy when listening to little red book.
Man, this is music.

Marge Bjork said...

also, this reminds me I should have more Beach Boys in my life. I didn't like them when I was younger but I like them more as I get older.

Jeff said...

just thought i would say thanks for cultivating my music awareness. love it.

and am i the only that misses our blues-rant sessions in the basement? that was the best therapy i've ever experienced.

Miss C. said...

I remember that! Basement makes it sound big, that room was tiny I'm surprised you could feel so fulfilled in that tiny space but good for you two. I miss Chatham towne and the corona pinata

-Becca