Friday, September 11, 2009

Jeff is right!

Jeff is right! He left a very poignant comment. Although playing Tetris on nintendo was great... there has to be something better. Of course, I have already learned that being married to the beautiful Lisha Wood. But can even greater things happen for the both of us? Yes.

Case in point. I am going to share with you a dream. A dream that died once. But not without learning many a great lessons. The dream, which is dead, is pictured below:


This is my 1982 Honda Sky. It has a cool 49cc... of raw horsepower. I bought it for $240 off of Craigslist. And between August and October 2007 nothing made me happier. Then it broke. It was hard to work on in the Winter. Then in Spring of 2008 I fixed it again... well Carina's connection at the Scooter lounge fixed it. And it was glorious! Then the belt broke. For shame. But an easy fix. Unfortunately, I was heading off to medical school soon and didn't have time to fix it. So I decided to sell it on Craiglists for much less than I bought it. Unfortunately my brother Jacob THREW OUT the centrifugal clutch in the garbage... something I still haven't forgiven him for. And now it is worth 0.0.0.0.0 dollars.

The lesson I learned. Don't buy a scooter that was made and sold only in Japan and Russia. Buy a scooter that actually was sold in English speaking countries or at least one that you know you can get replacement parts for.

Now for the dream!

Jeff's dream involves France. Mine is this.

Coming home from work, I'm a pediatric endocrinologist. Kissing my wife, Lisha, and whispering something cute in Spanish... because I speak it fluently by then. Getting a big group hug from my 3 sons, and one daughter... Eugene, Fitzgerald, Beauregard, and Veronica. Eating an awesome dinner in big, white, sunken in plate/bowl things. And then working on my old Vespa.

If somehow those things come together. I will be a happy man.

4 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

you have terrific taste in names. I'm sure Lisha will go along with them.

Carina said...

I like it. I'm on board. Let's make it happen.

rich said...

Yes!

Jeff said...

i love it. all of it. even down to the classy, restaurant style dishes.

bring on the dreams.