Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Song for April

Happy Earth Day! April fools, everyone knows I don't care about the earth... and yet I do. These conflicting feels finally made sense today as I read THIS ARTICLE from Slate talking about kids who are sick about hearing people harp about the environment but still are very conscious when they litter and when they should recycle.

That's kind of like me... except I have this weird thing where if I put garbage UNDER my car tire so I run over it in reverse it's okay.

But mostly I like recycling and not littering. Before our current apartment we had a recycling bin and I would make sure the recyclables made it in there. Also, I don't like hunting. Also, I want to bring up another environmental issue... or at least I think it is an environmental issue: zoos. I don't like zoos. It's like we're stripping animals of their dignity. They should be running wild.

Probably the environmental issue that gets me most angry is whale hunting. I love Japan, but I really hate that there is a market in Japan for whale. I have no sympathy for whalers, and they can all die.

On another issue, I don't mind seal-clubbing.

To celebrate I put together some music which has been on repeat for me this month. I put it together using an awesome site called 8tracks.com. So in the tradition of Ruth McLean, here is a song for April.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

There are plenty whales in the sea! How can you be AGAINST whaling and yet FOR driving over your garbage in reverse!! It's ridiculous!! You are a walking contradiction!!

Carina said...

I hate most zoos and seal clubbing is fine if I get a pair of shoes out of it.