Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm your handyman


So I have moved into THE new apartment. It is a nice place. It has pools and a workout center, but I like it because it is still a unique place, and is surrounded by restaurants and places to go shopping. But this post really isn't about that. It is about my Ikea bed making ability. Yes your going to learn how I turned the above home office/Bedroom (notice sleeping bag) into my Ikea bed.


First, you have to appreciate that Ikea's instructions do not come with words. They only come with pictures. And notice how the graphics indicate to get someone else to help you. But I did it myself. Ya sure, it required some pretty sweet moves involving balancing the other end with my feet. But when it comes down to it, I'm like two Swedish men combined. All I need are two Swedish women, and we could form "Abba: The Next Generation" with less overhead.


So in the end. Here's the bed. Now I'm just waiting for the mattress to be delivered. Pat on the back to me. In other news! I meant to post about how my ear got cut off. Ya sure, I probably mislead people with my Facebook status. They cut off my ear, but was more like a fillet off the back. Check it! (My what a picture post it has been.

6 comments:

Mike Lau said...

I am a master at putting together ikea furniture by myself. I like you built that same bed all by myself. Those Swedish must be really weak and inferior. Also is that my hammer I see in that picture?

Marge Bjork said...

I built an IKEA twin bed by myself. I would like that to be my career in life because then I can "angry hammer" tout le temps.

tara said...

You are so manly, what with your construction and wounds. Round of applause.

rich said...

Oh ya... hey Mike... can I borrow your hammer?

nylon baby said...

we have the exact same bed, colour and all. Impressed you put it together by yourself.

Anonymous said...

oh my sick with the ear. why did this happen? That trumped the bed sorry.