Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fun and Failure both start out the same way

Why? Why? Why have our last posts on the blog been about electron microscope pictures, a wormhole perpetual motion device, and a love for breakfast? Is this what our lives have come to? Science pictures, ridiculous pseudo-science, and an ode to breakfast? Why is it that we are all struggling to write posts like we did before? Are we less fun? The short answer is yes, and from shuffling about in academia I have found why:

The Mike Lau Car Theory:

Ever since Mike left, things have just not been as fun at the house. No more Tetris tournaments, no drumming, less hang out talking... Mike was the glue of the household. However, more importantly... he has a car. I know Jeff has a car, but he always MIA singing in musicals and such. When I was gone, Stephen and Mike hung out and used Mike's car. When Stephen was out with the car, Richard and Mike hung out... and used Mike's car. The lack, NAY the disappearance, of Mike's car has led to less random adventuring because like I'm going to walk... this is America you know.

The Richard + Lisha Theory:

Yes, we are dating and I know what you're thinking... you were thinking "NOOO! Richard's off the market." Trust me, I see it all the time. But don't worry, all of you will survive without me. It had to happen sometime right? To be blunt, I think it's time that all you ladies, and men, just give up the dream of having me and start dating other people. I mean, Whitney Wheeler got the message, and look what happened... she moved on and found Mike. So basically, everyone, you can't just rely on me for fun all the time. I need to spend time in courtship and woo-ing.

The Stephen + Dinner Party Theory:

Stephen is ALWAYS at dinner parties, and eating people's left-overs at restaurants. In fact this activity consumes several nights a week. Where ever there is a polynesian dinner, he is not far away. Evidence of this activity is usually found in our fridge where we find random desserts and sweet meats from the various ethnic dinner parties he attends. The underlying theory to the lack of fun this creates is, of course, the Mike Car Theory, which leaves me stranded and fun-less.

The Jeff Dickamore in General... Theory:

Ya, I know what you're thinking. How can Jeff not be fun? Lots of ways. First he is always singing in musicals or acting in plays, or going to a wedding, or making food for a box social, or back up in Bountiful, or he is attending to Elder's Quorum duties, or studying for school, or going on blind dates that turn out disastrous. However, I have noticed there is a a place you can consistently find him... birthday parties at O'Reilly's home.

Remember to vote in the poll as to which theory is the most credible, and feel free to submit your own in the comments section.

4 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

that last comment is creepy and i've seen it before. what i was going to say is that you're all kind of too old to have fun now but then I realized I've been boring for years so I don't know what to tell you.

tara said...

Thank you for "Mike being the glue of the house, but more importantly... his car." Ouch. How about a little more emphasis on human Mike and less on machine car?

But I agree. Genius, Rich. Genius.

Laquina said...

I'd like to submit:

The"Richard has no real guy friends" theory.
We've all heard talk of Chad this, Ben that, Morgan blah, blah. But have I ever seen one of them set foot in that house without a formal party invite? No, I have not. Mike was the oil for Richard's social squeaks and now they've rusted. I hate to bring the hammer down here but maybe you should have replaced Mike in a timely fashion. It's too late now.

What a shame.

Ally Cat said...

But Rich, what if I don't want to move on?
Ally